Version 1.0.2 has been released.
- Adding an output of the last blogs since last visit. There is currently no link to it, but it is available at blog/view/last_visit_blogs.html
- Fixing a bug in the blog_delete_user function (forgot to include the constants file).
- Correcting a lot of entries in the permissions language file.
- Adding a new function to the plugins class to make it easier to add to the to-do list in the plugins class.
- Allowing the option for each style to have access to the plugins system. If a file named style_plugin.php exists in the style directory it will be loaded when somebody accesses a blog with that style. This allows style authors to make changes to the output data for their specific style and make styling much more flexible and powerful.
- Fixing 2 bugs when adding/editing a poll.
- Fixing another bug in attachements while editing a comment.
- Adding a new style named Coda. This was copied and modified from the wordpress style on http://coda.co.za/blog/
- NOTE FOR TRANSLATORS: 1 new language field has been added in the mods/blog/view.php file and the acp/permissions_blog.php file has been re-done.
- To update from 1.0.1 follow the instructions in contrib/update/101_to_102.xml.
Last edited by EXreaction on Fri May 30, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grateful for the mods I've built? Then donate
Viewed 140484 times
The main page displaying blogs "User blogs" is kinda messy. There are shown only the blog posts, only random and recent. What's the point with categories? There are still "random and recent" posts.
There should be a menu item showing the blog creators by name, and links to their blog. That would make sense. Otherwise, browsing the "User blogs" page doesn't make any sense. It's chaotic. I would never find a blog of a desired user. I would have to browse his profile or something.
Pleae remember that in case of blogs the creator is most important. First we search for creator, then we look how good he is at writing things. Showing recent and random posts only (which are 90% trash because of anonymous members signing a blog) doesn't make any sense.
Recent and random post feature should be a secondary (not neccessary) addition, not a core of the plugin...
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 11:28 am
Registered users: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], cheapuggGgD, cvghjqr2, Google [Bot], guoyq172, hegelteg6, kwlr1042, linpipag, montevfcpd5, rosariorjma8, Sogou Bot, Yandex [Bot]