In an effort to increase product stability we are happy to announce the availability of the fourth release candidate for the next release - phpBB 3.0.6.
This fourth release candidate contains mostly regression fixes. Everyone able to should test this release and report critical bugs (those, stopping the operation of the forum) and issues to the bug tracker or directly to the developers.
Changes since RC3
- Fixed ticket #52875 working around php4 bug - call_user_func doesn't return references. This causes php4 to create a copy.
- Fixed cache issues in feed generation.
- Include default language in data to send for statistical purposes.
- Revert "Parse multiline url title for [url] BBCode tag" because it introduced different bugs.
- Fix sql_create_table (table creation) in db tools for mssql and sqlite.
- Fixed Ticket #53175 (forum_options cleared if editing forum) - regression from revision 10024.
- Fixed Ticket #53185 (icon width/height adjustement for icons > 127px also applied to smilies) - related to revision 10088.
- Adjusted email template admin_welcome_activated to be more descriptive (and in-line with the changes to the other email template files).
- Fixed Ticket #53245 - Notices in log searching feature.
- Fixed Ticket #53285 introduced in revision 10018 - Mark the first visible forum on index as unread if there's any unread global announcement.
- Implemented better way to generate SID-free links in feed.php
- Fixed Jabber SASL PLAIN authentication failures. (Bug #52995)
- Fixed severe bugs with Oracle and UPDATE statements.
- Fixed issues with database updater and Oracle/SQLite/Firebird.
You can find more information and download the packages here.