This is designed to readjust the left and right id's in the modules table.
When it should be used:
If you've manually edited the modules in the database or used some modification that messed up the left and right id's in the modules table.
How to use it:
- Go into phpMyAdmin (or something similar) and get a complete backup of the modules table for your phpBB3 forum.
- Download the attached file, then open it with a text editor (like wordpad, but do not use notepad!).
- Find and delete this line at the top of the file:
- Code: Select all
die('Delete or comment out this line to continue.');
- Save the file, then upload it to your phpBB3 forum's root directory.
- Go to your forum in your web browser and then go to the fix_modules.php file.
- After it has completed, immediately delete the fix_modules.php file you uploaded to your server.
- Verify that the modules are working correctly by viewing some in the UCP/MCP/ACP.
What happens if something gets messed up by using this script?
That is where your backup comes in. You can delete all the data in the modules table and import the old data from the backup.
If you do not have a backup from before you ran the script and something bad happens you are SOL. I will not give you any support in that case.